HEALTH AND SAFETY
Vine Surgery Partnership statement of general policy.
- To employ only trained staff (or trainees that are supervised by a suitably qualified person)
- To provide suitably safe facilities and equipment [that has regular safety checks]
- To have established procedures for evacuation of the premises in case of an emergency
- To have Infection control procedures in place
- To provide adequate control of the health and safety risks arising from our work activities
- To consult with our employees on matters affecting their health and safety
- To provide and maintain safe plant and equipment
- To ensure safe handling and use of substances
- To provide information, instruction and supervision for employees
- To ensure all employees are competent to do their tasks, and to give them adequate training
- To prevent accidents and cases of work-related ill health
- To maintain safe and healthy working conditions
- All work areas to be kept clean and tidy
- All rubbish to be cleaned away
- All gangways and staircases to be kept clear at all times
- All spillages of water, chemicals or other substances to be cleared immediately with due respect to the content of the material spoilt
- No machinery or other equipment to be run without necessary guards and safety equipment in position and in full working order
- Excepting for clinical emergencies, no person will be allowed on site under the influence of alcohol and/or non-prescribed drugs
- To establish and maintain fire extinguisher and fire points
- To prevent accidents and cases of work related ill health
- To record any accidents in the Accident Book and immediately report any such accident to the Practice Manager
- To review and revise this policy as appropriate at regular intervals
Commitment to Cleanliness Charter
Keeping the NHS clean and preventing the spread of infection is everybody’s responsibility from the Chief Executive or equivalent to the healthcare cleaner. It is important for patients, visitors, the public and staff.
Cleanliness matters, and to ensure consistency throughout the NHS, and to support hospitals and healthcare services, this commitment has been adopted in every organisation.
Our Commitment to Cleanliness Charter sets out our commitment to ensure a consistently high standard of cleanliness is delivered in all of our healthcare facilities.