Covid-19 Visiting your GP Surgery
In line with current Government guidance patients are required to continue to wear a face covering in all healthcare settings.
If you have symptoms you must get at PCR test as soon as possible & before visiting your GP. Rapid lateral flow tests should not be used to confirm infection.
It's vital that you and anyone in your household isolate until you receive your test result, and for 10 days thereafter if the result is positive.
Four ways to seek healthcare advice from a GP
- Call your surgery to discuss a virtual (telephone or video) or face-to-face appointment
- Complete an online form via our Online Triage system to receive a response within 2 working days
- Call NHS 111 or go online to seek advice at the NHS 111 website
- Download the NHS App from your phone app store to order repeat prescriptions and check your symptoms
Message to our patients - update on the COVID-19 booster programme
Across Somerset the NHS and its partners are working extremely hard to roll out the COVID-19 booster vaccination programme to our communities.
All adults are eligible from Monday 13 December 2021, and you will be able to book via the National Booking System from Wednesday 15 December.
You can book your booster for 3 months from the date of second vaccine, and you can access the National Booking System to book the appointment from 2 months.
We are working at pace to increase the availability of appointments so that there are plenty of options for people on the National Booking System. Some local vaccination services may will also contact patients directly.
New appointments are being added every day across our vaccination services. Further availability will come online from Wednesday 15 December.
We will be working with all of our sites to take further steps to increase what they can offer again, including opening later and on more days.
All of these appointments will be added to the National Booking System and so we encourage everyone who is aged 18 and over, is yet to have their booster and who is approaching 3 months from your second vaccine to use the National Booking System to arrange your appointment when you are able to do so.
In terms of any planned appointments with Vine Surgery, there are no changes at the current time and everyone should attend your planned appointments as normal. If we need to make any changes, we will contact you directly.
See further information about the Somerset vaccination programme.
Book or manage your coronavirus vaccination
You can only use this service if any of the following apply:
- you meet the current age criteria (shown via the booking link below)
- you are at high risk from coronavirus (clinically extremely vulnerable)
- you have a condition that puts you at higher risk (clinically vulnerable)
- you have a learning disability
- you get a Carer's Allowance, get support following an assessment by your local authority or your GP record shows you are a carer
To book, please visit the NHS.uk - Book or manage your coronavirus vaccination page
COVID-19 programme update for vaccinations for 12 - 15-year-olds
As part of our drive in Somerset to make it as easy as possible for people to have their COVID vaccinations, we have opened up a significant number of bookable vaccination slots at our large vaccination centres and are also offering walk-in clinics for 12 – 15-year-olds.
This is in addition to the opportunity for children from 12-15 to be vaccinated at their schools.
Walk in services for 12 - 15-year-olds
Your patient can find out which centres are offering walk-in clinics for 12 – 15-year-olds on the “grab-a-jab” website.
For the week of 01 November 2021 there are clinics for 12 – 15-year-olds at:
- Firepool, Taunton from 3pm – 6pm from Monday 01 – Friday 05 November.
- Haynes International Motor Museum in Sparkford, Somerset from 3pm – 5pm from Monday 01 – Friday 05 November.
- Minehead Community Hospital from 3pm – 7pm on Tuesday 02 November and 10am – 6pm Saturday 06 November (drop-in only – no bookable appointments).
Bookable slots for 12-15-year-olds
We have a significant number of bookable slots for 12 -15-year-olds at our vaccination centres - Somerset Motor Museum in Sparkford and Firepool in Taunton.
Patients can book through the National Booking Service online or by calling 119.
Covid-19 Vaccination Certificates
Your General Practice is unable to offer you a certification of covid vaccination, a vaccination passport or a letter to prove you have been vaccinated against covid-19. You can however find details of all your vaccinations on the NHS App. Proof of vaccination documents have not yet been developed and as such cannot be provided by your GP. As soon as we have further information we will share it with you.
Covid-19 Vaccinations in Somerset
For information on eligibility, visit the JCVI website. For frequently asked questions and the latest information on the Somerset vaccination programme please visit the Somerset NHS vaccination programme website.
Thank you for your continuing support and patience.
For the latest information and advice regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19) check online for:
Wellbeing and mental health: A guide to looking after yourself and others
If you are concerned that you may have Coronavirus, or may have come into contact with someone who has, the NHS 111 online service has created Coronavirus pages that tell what you should do based on your particular circumstances. Please do not visit the surgery until you have contacted NHS 111.
Vaccination Buddies is helping people make informed decisions about whether to have the Covid-19 vaccination.
There is a very useful website called Germ Defence which was created by a team of doctors and scientists to give you advice that has been proven to reduce the spread of viruses in the home. It can help you plan how to protect yourself and members of your family from infection by COVID-19 and Influenza.
It’s easy to use and only takes 10 minutes - please see the Germ Defence website
Please pass details of the Germ Defence website to your friends and family.
There’s a button at the bottom of the Germ Defence website for sharing by social media.
If you’d like to know more:
· Over 20,000 people previously took part in research about Germ Defence
· People who followed the advice in Germ Defence had fewer and less severe illnesses - and so did the people they lived with
· Results of the study were published in The Lancet medical journal
· Germ Defence has been updated with COVID-19 advice to help prevent a wave of COVID-19 and ‘flu this Autumn/Winter
· Information about how the Germ Defence website is being evaluated
Help the fight against COVID-19
The PRINCIPLE Trial
Has your doctor or nurse said you are likely to have a COVID-19 infection?
Are you aged 65 and above, or aged 50 to 64 with any of the illnesses listed on this poster?
Then you could be eligible to join the PRINCIPLE trial and help the fight against COVID-19.
To find out more, please visit The PRINCIPLE Trial website.
Somerset's Local Authorities
Coronavirus support helpline
0300 790 6275
Available 8am to 6pm, seven days a week
A single number is now available for anyone in Somerset who needs Coronavirus
related support from Somerset's Local Authorities. Anyone who can't find help
within their community can use the helpline to get help and advice surrounding;
- Emotional support if you 're feeling worried or anxious
- Financial support
- Personal care and support including food and delivery of prescriptions
- Housing and support for the homeless
- Transport needs
- Waste collection and disposal